The Purple Bombers are committed to protecting your privacy. We are bound by the Information Privacy Act 2000 (Vic), which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
This Privacy Statement explains how we use and disclose personal information which we hold about you and the privacy rights you have in relation to that information. We encourage you to check this Privacy Statement on our website regularly, as this Privacy Statement may change from time to time.
Your personal information
Personal information we may collect, or which may be held by us about you, may include:
- your name;
- your date of birth;
- your postal address;
- your telephone and mobile phone number;
- your email address;
- your username and password
How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- When you request information from us;
- When you subscribe to our newsletters and mailing lists;
- When you make a donation to us;
- When you apply for a membership;
- When you otherwise provide information to us, including: in writing; in person; by phone; or from your use of our website.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- Enable you to purchase memberships and merchandise, including, where applicable, to process your credit card payment transactions;
- Enable you to make donations or apply for membership with us, and to contact you regarding donations and memberships;
- Send you your membership pack and tickets to events;
- Inform you if events change, or regarding refunds, exchanges where those are permitted;
Marketing by Purple Bombers
When you create an account with us, including through our website, or when you otherwise provide us with your contact details, we will ask you whether you wish to receive information relating to us and to events that we think may be of interest to you. Where you agree to us doing so, we may use your personal information to provide you with information relating to us and to events that we think may be of interest to you.
If you later decide that you do not wish to receive marketing information from us, please let us know by updating your details online through our website or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may also reproduce your image and voice in any audio, video, or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, broadcast, communication, publication or reproduction in any medium or context for any purpose without further authorisation by, or compensation or attribution to, you.
How you can help us to ensure the accuracy of the personal information we hold
The Purple Bombers take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that personal information depends to a large extent on the information you provide to us. To help ensure the accuracy of the personal information we hold about you, we ask that you:
Let us know if you become aware of any errors in the personal information we hold about you; Inform us of changes to your personal information, such as changes to your name or address or other contact details.
How you can access your personal information
You have a right to access personal information that we hold about you, subject to some exceptions allowed by law.
How to contact us regarding privacy matters
If you have any questions in relation to privacy matters, please contact our membership team at email@example.com